damaged piano -- vents

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Mon Aug 26 14:06 MDT 2002

    Probably about the same as it would be in 1977 in the USSR if you'd
compared the country to an American State University!
    But seriously, _The Oregon_ Plan by Chris. Alexander is a wonderful book
about how to get things done on campus. His basic premise is that the people
who use it should be in charge of the design! Not just suggest and beg
power, but real power to make decisions about things like windows and
humidity control.
    Strangely enough, when my former music department was in a building with
windows that people could open or close, I had manageable climate change
problems.  When they moved to a closed system building, it became
ridiculous.  What do you suppose they are doing to the windows in the
restored music building?
    Ed