Floating pitch

Vanderhoofven dkvander@joplin.com
Wed Aug 28 10:23 MDT 2002

Dear Friends,

In past years I have attempted to tune pianos in the colleges I tune for to
A-440 each tuning.  This has caused me extra work (usually unpaid), and
mental stress.

This year I have floated pitch on every piano I have tuned, and I feel so
much happier!  No one has complained about the pianos being at A-442 or
A-443, and the pianos are behaving better.  When the temperature is 72
Fahrenheit, and the relative humidity is 83% indoors in the music building,
floating pitch is the only way to go.

Thanks to Kent Swafford, I have finally seen the light!

David Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO