Floating pitch

Wolfley, Eric (WOLFLEEL) WOLFLEEL@UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Wed Aug 28 11:11 MDT 2002

I let pitch float here too, except onstage of course. It saves time and
aggravation at both ends and the instruments are far more stable. There are
many pianos not used here over the summer which I don't touch until the
weather changes in the fall. The overall stability of the tunings I then do
is greatly enhanced. The faculty and administration here understand this
tactic and are supportive of it. Of course, if anyone has a specific need
for A-440 in the summer I will accommodate them.

Eric

Eric Wolfley
Head Piano Technician
Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati