Fortepiano pitch levels

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Thu Aug 29 09:26 MDT 2002

Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

> Well, then....
>
> Del

Hi again-

Right.   That was my point and I agree.  Unfortunately,  there is limited call
for anything other than 440 at an undergraduate school, as others have pointed
out.  On the other hand,  everyone knew what we were getting into before it
was purchased.  If it is not compatible for certain uses- so be it.  It is
what it is.  Everyone here gets along very well so I do not see a big
problem.  I was just wondering how others have dealt with that issue, and it
sounds like those who responded seemed to tune at 440.
I would be very surprised if the department doesn't agree to follow the
builders recommendation.

thanks,

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College