Floating Pitch

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Thu Aug 29 08:26 MDT 2002

>...I also charge my standard tuning fee, and I charge extra for
>pitch corrections...
>
>...The budget doesn't even allow for two tunings of every piano in
>the music department, let alone pitch raises...
>
>...So, to keep my sanity, I am now floating pitch, and I am happier
>than I have been in several years.
>
>  ...In the past I have knocked myself out and tuned every piano at
>A-440 everytime.  This has been going on for 4 or 5 years.  However,
>I get paid nothing extra for this.
>David Vanderhoofven

David, List,

For clarification and so there is no misunderstanding:

Floating the pitch of a piano is not equivalent to one pass tunings.

A pitch change correction still takes place.

In essence one does not escape having to do a pitch change. The pitch
change is just not as large and does not end up at A440.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern, RPT
Oklahoma Baptist University
Saint Gregory's University