Recording Fees?

Otto Keyes okeyes@uidaho.edu
Thu Aug 29 07:51 MDT 2002

From: "Fred S. Sturm"
It is understood that I take care of a
> few other entities within the University, with the department's blessing,
> fill the empty coffers and allow me to replace a couple action stacks (ie
parts
> thereof) a year. It's what you might call a creative way to increase
funding (I
> manage to generate around $2000/year).

I've done this myself to beef up the parts budget.  Just make sure that you
get a tax deductible receipt for the donation.  For some states there is a
special deduction for donations to a state institution of higher learning.
If you're going to do extra work w/out pay, make sure you get the best use
of your donation, even if it means getting paid & donating it back to the
university.

Otto

Piano Technician
University of Idaho