floated pitches..

stranges@Oswego.EDU stranges@Oswego.EDU
Fri Aug 30 10:11 MDT 2002

Eehhhh  I forgot exactly what was said...

I AM pooped  from tuning. ( You all must be too.)
(And from my new bud, Mr. Poop Squirrel.)
I use an ( almighty) accu-tun er.

  - I off-set the bass by 8¢ # - VERY close to where it has trailed off to.
(thanx for the Mac ¢ button!!)
  - I off-set the rest of the piano 5 ¢ FLAT, which after a quick pass
brings it all back up to around 8¢ # overall.
   - I then re-tune the whole thing 8¢ #.

This is the rule I use, when the piano is very close to being 442
obviously..
This whole process can be done WHEREVER the piano is "floating", using the
same principles.
( I would like to float (SINK!!) half the pianos  I work with in the lake
nearby, but that is another matter.)

Concert/performing instruments and vocal studios are all brought down to
440.

I do think that floating pitch is THE RIGHT THING TO DO.
This is all PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE baby, and if you don't agree, then you
are just plain silly. ('Nuff said.)

I do not like squirrel poop on my piano covers.
The tech from Normay is a gas.

Love,
:) Michelle

--On Friday, August 30, 2002 8:50 AM -0700 David Ilvedson