Fortepiano pitch levels

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Fri Aug 30 10:11 MDT 2002

Thanks to all for the comments.  Del, you can "rant" anytime.   Our meeting
went well, and we unanimously voted to maintain the new instrument at 432.
Since it's currently sitting down at about 415, that was an easy sell.  We'll
see how the policy holds up over time, but the piano faculty totally support
that position.  The woodwinds will have to deal with it. I don't know much
about woodwinds, but it seems there should be an adaptable barrel available for
them.  Actually, the meeting went so
well that they also agreed to increase my budget for contracted help beyond my
wildest expectations.  Made my day.

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College