Are all students this stupid?

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 15:24:46 EST

In a message dated 12/9/02 1:44:45 PM Central Standard Time,
sckline@attbi.com writes:

> Yes, that's true ... but the printed music did play its little part ...
> just trying to make allowances for your students, to figure out how they
> could have thought of the printing press. Most people with a piano also had
>
> a bench full of sheet music, mainly popular songs. They are still showing
> up at flea markets and used book stores.
>
> Susan

I think it might have been my mistake. When I talked to them about the huge
influx of printed music, I made mention of how communication was altered
dramatically with the invention of the printing press in the 1400's.
Apparently they somehow thought I said the printing press was invented in
1920. The reason I thought they should have known better is that the
invention of the printing press is considered one of the milestones in
history, and a lesson that should have been learned in high school, or
earlier. But, maybe I'm wrong.

Wim