Hammers for SD-10

Elwood Doss, Jr. edoss@utm.edu
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:33:06 -0600

Hey folks,
I need to replace hammers on a Baldwin SD-10.  I am considering either Renner Blue hammers or Baldwin replacement hammers.  The Baldwin Tech said that the Baldwin hammers were wider than the Renner hammers; were not Renner blues, but similar.  He mentioned the weight of the hammers but was not sure what the weight was.

Any thoughts?

Also would you also replace the hammer shanks?  Can I get away with not replacing them?  Of course, I will regulate the action.

Thanks for your help.

Merry Christmas!
Elwood Doss, Jr.
University of Tennessee at Martin