Hammers for SD-10

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:50:41 -0500

Elwood-
Did you ask Baldwin who makes their SD-10 hammers?
Ed Sutton
----- Original Message -----
From: "Elwood Doss, Jr." <edoss@utm.edu>
To: <caut@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 8:33 AM
Subject: Hammers for SD-10

> Hey folks,
> I need to replace hammers on a Baldwin SD-10.  I am considering either
Renner Blue hammers or Baldwin replacement hammers.  The Baldwin Tech said
that the Baldwin hammers were wider than the Renner hammers; were not Renner
blues, but similar.  He mentioned the weight of the hammers but was not sure
what the weight was.

> Any thoughts?
>
> Also would you also replace the hammer shanks?  Can I get away with not
replacing them?  Of course, I will regulate the action.