Hammers for SD-10

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:49:43 EST

 <hammers on a Baldwin SD-10.  I am considering either
>Renner Blue hammers or Baldwin replacement hammers.

  I would go with the Blues, they can be voiced to almost any spec you want.

>Also would you also replace the hammer shanks?  Can I get away with not
>replacing them?  Of course, I will regulate the action.

    "Getting away with" isn't a very good way to approach high end piano
work.  If the hammers are shot, you will probably need to replace with new or
repin and reknuckle the old shanks for a complete job.  Only you can decide
if new shanks are more expeditious than the labor required by the old ones.

Ed Foote RPT
www.uk-piano.org/edfoote/
<A HREF="http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/399/six_degrees_of_tonality.html">
MP3.com - Six Degrees of Tonality</A>