Hammers for SD-10

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:50:20 EST

In a message dated 12/18/02 1:39:37 PM !!!First Boot!!!, edoss@utm.edu
writes:

> Also would you also replace the hammer shanks?  Can I get away with not
> replacing them?  Of course, I will regulate the action.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Merry Christmas!
> Elwood Doss, Jr.
> University of Tennessee at Martin

Elwood. I will others comment about the hammers. Regarding the shanks. That
will depend on the age and prior use of the piano. If the knuckles are
getting flat, and the centers are on the loose side, it might be more prudent
to replace the shanks and flanges as the same time. Other wise, leave them
alone until the next time you replace the hammers.

Wim