Pulling key pins, was key bushings

philromano@attglobal.net philromano@attglobal.net
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 16:01:02 -0500

I protect the rail (with a piece of aluminum stock or wood),  grab the =
pin with the dykes and then use a pair of large O-ring type pliers (they =
open when you squeeze) to pry the pins out. Very quick but can get sore =
in the hands! =20

Phil Romano
Coastal Carolina University
Conway, SC      =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: fssturm@unm.edu=20
  To: College and University Technicians=20
  Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 4:37 PM
  Subject: Re:Pulling key pins, was key bushings

  Yep, exactly! Using the dikes, with small increments of pry (you could =
yank a pin=20
  out with one pry, but it would create a larger arc), you really don't =
enlarge the=20
  hole enough to notice. I looked at that new tool and figured I could =
do without it.=20
  Of course, if you've got to have the latest . . . I do think dikes and =
a fulcrum is=20
  easier and faster and less problematic than vice grips and hammer, =
too.
  Merry Christmas! I'm out of the U till January.
  Fred