Broken Baldwin

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.music.sc.edu
Fri Feb 1 09:32 MST 2002

I actually did this work directly through Baldwin, rather than the dealer,
because at the time, we didn't have a local dealer for this piano.  It was
one of those where I discovered the growing action brackets in a Young
Chang built Wurlitzer, so I called Baldwin up and they approved the work
and ordered the parts.  IMMEDIATELY AFTER that was when the whole
bankruptcy thing started.  Took 'em 3 months to get me the parts, but by
then I was so busy with school work it took me a while to get the job
scheduled with the owner.

We'll see what happens.
Thanks,
Jeff

>List,
>
>I talked with someone at Baldwin a few days ago.  She said that all payments
>are in the hands of the lawyers at this time.  Did not know when the problem
>would be resolved.  The dealer that I did some warranty work for a few
>months ago said he would reimburse me if Baldwin didn't, so I took him up on
>the offer.
>
>Also Baldwin does not have the ability to sell parts, except to dealers,
>because Gibson was in the process of providing a way to accept payments.
>
>Good news is that Baldwin is planning to move grand piano production back to
>Conway Arkansas.
>
>Baldwin Ph    (877) 889-4805
>Baldwin Fax  (877) 641-8200
>
>Lonnie Young