S & S 'D' Problems

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Mon Feb 4 12:38 MST 2002

Avery and list,
	Maybe I'm all wet, but my notion is that if you want to change the
stack to correct over-centering, you'd raise the front, not the back.
It's where the centerpin is in relation to the strings that matters
(unless you change the hammer bore). And raising the back will affect
the height of the centerpin little if not at all.
	And I don't understand your reluctance to reduce dip. You have what you
might consider excess dip already. You have excess blow distance. Reduce
both, and you're in better shape, no? Key dip is about the most
negotiable measurement in all regulation, in my view. Let off and
aftertouch are what is most noticeable (with aftertouch negotiable
within parameters), followed by blow, and dip last.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico