Another 'D'

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue Feb 5 09:36 MST 2002

In a message dated 2/5/02 8:47:19 AM Central Standard Time, atodd@UH.EDU
writes:

> Besides the felt punching already there on each end, I noticed
> that on the bass end, there were a couple of center rail thick
> cardboard punchings. So I though, why not? I put a thick(ish) one
> in on the treble end reinstalled everything and the noise was gone.
> I don't know how long it'll last. I may have to do something with
> the block later but for the moment, everything is quiet. :-)

Although you might have solved the problem for the time being, I not sure if
the oval hole was created by the side to side movement of the damper tray. I
would think that the tray moving up and down might have created the oval
hole. Be sure the try is not only tight side to side, but that the block is
tight from top to bottom. If there is a gap between the block and to belly
rail or the block and the keybed, you might want to put a front rail punching
under or on top of the block to get it snug. This problem might have happen
if the damper tray was ever taken out before. The person who removed it might
not have put the pouching back that came out.

Just a thought.

Wim