false beats

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 14 19:01 MST 2002

Hi Chris,
               Try the following.
1. Lift and level strings.
2. Tap all bridge pins this will help to seat strings. ( If they are loose use
CA glue)   Use a large blunt screw driver to press down on the bridge pin to
confirm if this is the problem.
3.  Phasing is a problem in this register, so reshape the hammers and mate
them
to the strings. Also check the centre pins and travel the hammer shanks.  Some
shank burn in may be required.

If you do all the above it will improve the falseness problem.

Regards Roger