University Workshops

Loren Buntemeyer lorbunt@ukans.edu
Fri Jan 4 16:54 MST 2002

University Techs,

I am in need of specific information dealing with university piano
workshops.  I need to convince our administration and space committee that
it takes a large square foot area to properly rebuild and repair pianos.

Does anyone have recommendations or even information they can share
pertaining to their own piano rebuilding shop.  How many pianos do you care
for in relation to square feet of shop area?  I am not interested in total
refinishing, just small touchup.  How many square feet can I figure to
rebuild a concert grand?  (no soundboard replacement)

Recommendations for approximate inventory of 130 pianos would be
appreciated.

Loren Buntemeyer RPT
University of Kansas