University Workshops

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Sat Jan 5 06:04 MST 2002

Hey Loren, old buddy,

A two car garage at a minimum.  I had about 750 square feet and it was
adequate to have two grands in the works at any one time.  WIth that
many pianos you need space to work on lyres, desks, legs, lids, and have
two pianos dismantled.  You need space for the power tools, cabinets,
tool racks, plate hoist, action shelves and enough room to maneuver all
that stuff around each other.  Bandsaw, drill press, arbor press, table
saw, and others for the future.  You need enough room to grow, have
outside contractors come in and work, string, block fitting, etc.
Believe me you will grow to fill any space available but you need to
have enough space to do what you need to do now and next year and the
next ten years.  Plan ahead and think big.  You may not be replacing
boards but you could have the space to do it.

Lots of luck.

		Newton