Piano Cover

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Tue Jan 8 14:23 MST 2002

Susan Kline and Richard Adkins mentioned that Kristina Anderson (Kris)
is making a custom fit cover for grand pianos.

I finished installing (yes, installing) one on an S&S D in my former
wife's classroom on Saturday.

The basic idea is that the piano can be opened, the lid raised, the
music desk used and the piano played without removing the cover.  Ideal
for class rooms.

The lid folds back without doing anything to the cover which remains in
place.

The side cover is separate from the lid and is held in place with
elastic straps and velcro.

Now that I have done one the installation should be done in half the
time of a tuning or less.

This is a custom made cover so exact measurements are required.  You
will need to provide a number of measurements which are described in her
website.

Have a look at Kris's website at http://www.grandpianocovers.com

This is a lovely appearing cover and would be suitable for any
environment except the most destructive, like a college dorm.  Too
easily removed. :)

It is aesthetic, effective and durable.

I recommend it.

		Newton