Pinblocks

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Tue Mar 5 10:31 MST 2002

Hi Avery,
    Yes. They are available with 2/0 and 1/0 tops; the bottoms are both
3.5/0.
    Paul Larudee gives the thought behind them in articles in the January
and February 2002 PTJournals.
    He recommended the 1/0 topped pins to me.
    The pins seem to work just as he described in the articles.
    I've just restrung a Steinway A and a 5'2" C. F. Stein. Both 1920's
vintage with original pinblocks and not previously restrung. They both tune
very easily.  If I didn't know, I'd think there was a new pinblock in there.
    Write him at <larudee@pacbell.net> and he'll send you some sample pins.
Ed