Les Noces

Richard West rwest1@unl.edu
Wed Mar 6 12:14 MST 2002

Here's another scenario:  Is there one piano that is the most exposed or
has the most playing time?  If there is, tune that one as best you can.
This would be your "supertuning."  Record the tuning carefully on your
RCT or SAT and then tune the other three to match the first one.

One question related to all of this is which is more important, matching
unisons piano to piano or having each tuned well and let the unisons
between the two fall where they may.  I have never tuned more than 2
piano together, but when I do, I pick one, tune that one the best I can
and then match unisons.   I figure having one piano tuned  and
sacrificing the other is better than not having either one in tune.  What
do you all think?

Richard West
University of NE