Les Noces

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed Mar 6 12:05 MST 2002

Eric

Just to put two cents worth in here, I would have to say that sometimes we
try to make life too difficult. I forgot who said it, but I agree with the
comparison of the four singers. Because of the different tonal
characteristics of the 4 pianos, even if you got all four of them to be
perfectly in tune, they are going to sound different (unless you're also
going to voice all four pianos to sound the same). And, again, I forgot who
said it, but I agree that perhaps Stravinsky wanted all four of the pianos to
sound slightly different, to give them each their own character.

So give Lawrence a break, and just let him tune all four pianos to their own
temeprament.

Wim