Les Noces

Wolfley, Eric (WOLFLEEL) WOLFLEEL@UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Wed Mar 6 13:19 MST 2002

I think the pianos are all going to sound different even if they are tuned
perfectly together. Nothing wrong with being in tune... I'm going to throw
some fertilizer on the fire here and ask everybody how much stretch they put
in their concert tunings...All four of these pianos are pretty well scaled -
no big surprises. I think they would all sound pretty good with an averaged
tuning file and sound good together as long as the stretching was done
equally. I've been using OTS 8 on my cybertuner with excellent results and
feedback here. People don't seem to mind 2 BPS in the double octaves.
Wouldn't good unisons amongst all 4 pianos be preferable? The slight
differences in stretched double-octave beat rates would not be as noticeable
in my opinion.

Eric Wolfley, RPT
Head Piano Technician
Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati