Occupational Outlook Handbook

Lawrence Becker lawrence.becker@uc.edu
Thu Mar 14 05:49 MST 2002

At 04:21 PM 3/13/02, you wrote:
>Jeff,
>
>Your comments are interesting, and I am especially curious about the
>Occupational Outlook Handbook you mention. Where could I find this book?
>Many thanks.
>
>Mary

Mary-

I found it!  <http://www.bls.gov/oco/>  gives the Occupational Outlook
Handbook, 2002-03 Edition.  The section that applies to us is Precision
Instrument and Equipment Repairers.  We then fall under the subcategory of
Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners.  (Yes, it's a federal government
publication.)

It gives the median 2000 income for our subgroup as $15.10/hr, or $31.4K/yr.

Lawrence Becker, RPT
Piano Technician
College-Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati