Occupational Outlook Handbook

Thu Mar 14 13:52 MST 2002

Lawrence Becker wrote:

> Mary-
>
> I found it!  <http://www.bls.gov/oco/>  gives the Occupational Outlook
> Handbook, 2002-03 Edition.  The section that applies to us is Precision
> Instrument and Equipment Repairers.  We then fall under the subcategory of
> Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners.  (Yes, it's a federal government
> publication.)
>
> It gives the median 2000 income for our subgroup as $15.10/hr, or $31.4K/yr.
>
> ----------------------------------
> Lawrence Becker, RPT
> Piano Technician
> College-Conservatory of Music
> University of Cincinnati

Nice to see this reference figure... I suppose with a price index of about 5 %
ya'all should be up around 35 grand a year now.... sheesh thats not much in
todays world... especially over there where you have to pay for what the rest of
us view as basic human rights...grin... no no no.. I didnt say that....

No, seriously tho,, Shouldnt every self respecting seasoned piano tech be
pulling at least 50 G's... preferably more ?

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.