salary comparison was Re: Occupational Outlook Handbook

Donald McKechnie dmckech@ithaca.edu
Fri Mar 15 16:17 MST 2002

Jeff, Scott & List,

Yes indeed there are results from the 2002 survey. I handed out the raw
data at the Reno forum. The results were supposed to go into the next
CAUT newsletter but due to the budget, etc. we have not been able to get
a newsletter published. I will send the results to Scott so he can get
them up on the CAUT web site. One of us will make an announcement when
it’s up.

The number of respondents to the survey was disappointing. We only had
85. The 1990 survey had 198. I am not sure the results are a good
reflection of the current state of affairs but should offer some
insight. When you have a look at the results please give me some
feedback on how you would like the information presented. At the Reno
forum I suggested that we take a survey every 5 years. Your suggestions
now will greatly help the CAUT committee formulate a survey that will
lead to comprehensive and meaningful results.

Since gross salary has been a part of the recent thread, below is the
salary range from all of the full-time respondents. The average is a bit
higher that the Occupational Outlook Handbook figure. (Small comfort)

Don McKechnie
Ithaca College

29,620
30,000