salary comparison was Re: Occupational Outlook Handbook

Tim Coates tcoates@dtgnet.com
Fri Mar 15 18:17 MST 2002

Don,

I really can't speak for others who didn't respond to the survey.  I can
speak for myself.  I emailed Fred that I wouldn't be responding to the
survey because I didn't want to give information that would skew the
survey.  It looked to me the survey was designed for large institutions.  I
service small institutions.  In 1990 I had the feeling from Tom that he
wanted information from all types of schools.

When someone wants to do a survey to find information about small schools
and contract techs I will respond.

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota
University of Sioux Falls

<The number of respondents to the survey was disappointing. We only had
85. The 1990 survey had 198. I am not sure the results are a good
reflection of the current state of affairs but should offer some
insight.>