keyframe bedding

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 19 10:06 MST 2002

Hi Jon,
              Don't you just love refixing,  butcher jobs.  The easiest fix is
to get some 1/4" width iron on birch  edging material.  Good cabinet suppy
companies stock it.  Iron and Press it on real firm , so you see some squeeze
out.Just apply on the bad section.   Then roughly bed the front rail. Now
use a
full length, so there is no seam.  This will give you a low friction lip for
fast pedal operation.
Bed front rail, then recheck the back rail, finally set the balance rail
gluide
bolts.

PS Saw kerfing will not work so well with this type of problem

Hope this helps.
Roger