keyframe bedding

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri Mar 22 10:44 MST 2002

Vince,
	You mean you have actually come upon a piano with front glides that was
bedded correctly? <g> I figure one of the problems is that it is
difficult to impossible to get the blocks (and their adjustable bent
metal glides) to just exactly the right downward pressure. Even the
tiniest amount of excess pressure will bow the middle of the front rail
up, because the outer glides act as pivot points. And not enough means
the whole rail has room to bounce.
Regards,
Fred