Fortepiano pinblock material

Ron Torrella rontorrella@yahoo.com
Mon Mar 25 04:03 MST 2002

Gee, won't you be changing the timbre of the instrument, again (on top of
the change that resulted from the increased string tension), by putting in a
stiffer pinblock?

Has there been any other collateral damage from the increase in tension?
(separations at the rim, etc.) Seems to me that, if you make the pinblock
stiffer, you're going to have problems elsewhere.