The Piano in Academia, A Symposium

Donald McKechnie dmckech@ithaca.edu
Mon Mar 25 21:00 MST 2002

List,

A while back I posted a notice about the symposium that will take place
at the annual convention this year. The flyer for The Piano in Academia,
A Symposium will be sent out this week. It will go to the dean/chair of
every school listed in the College Music Society Directory. We do not
have the budget to send to every piano professor listed. Hopefully, the
request to pass the flyer around the department (which is printed in
bold on the flyer) will be honored.

You can help make this symposium a successful event by getting the word
out to the administrators and professors in your schools. Go to the CAUT
web site:
http://www.mursuky.edu/caut.php/events.htm
Copy the information and pass it around. Also, many thanks to Renner USA
for sponoring this event!

Now is the time to try this new approach to our age-old problems. We
need to take communication between technicians, faculty and
administrators to a new level. Chicago is the perfect place for this
symposium. Do your best sell. It is important to all of us. See you in
Chicago!

Don McKechnie
Ithaca College