The Piano in Academia, A Symposium

vem@email.byu.edu vem@email.byu.edu
Tue Mar 26 08:24 MST 2002

Thanks, Don!

- List,
-
- A while back I posted a notice about the symposium that will take place
- at the annual convention this year. The flyer for The Piano in Academia,
- A Symposium will be sent out this week. It will go to the dean/chair of
- every school listed in the College Music Society Directory. We do not
- have the budget to send to every piano professor listed. Hopefully, the
- request to pass the flyer around the department (which is printed in
- bold on the flyer) will be honored.
-
- You can help make this symposium a successful event by getting the word
- out to the administrators and professors in your schools. Go to the CAUT
- web site:
- http://www.mursuky.edu/caut.php/events.htm
- Copy the information and pass it around. Also, many thanks to Renner USA
- for sponoring this event!
-
- Now is the time to try this new approach to our age-old problems. We
- need to take communication between technicians, faculty and
- administrators to a new level. Chicago is the perfect place for this
- symposium. Do your best sell. It is important to all of us. See you in
- Chicago!
-
- Don McKechnie
- Ithaca College