The Piano in Academia, A Symposium

Kenneth Sloane Kenneth.Sloane@oberlin.edu
Wed Mar 27 08:35 MST 2002

To All- Though I don't contribute many posts to CAUT as of late, I still
enjoy and benfit from all the (mostly) engaging items that appear. In
regard to Don's Symposium (and Don deserves a standing ovation for putting
it together), I can't emphasize enough the need for such a Symposium to
occur. Having been involved in CAUT for many years, I remember all too well
the problems that have plaqued CAUT employees, so many of which were not
related to lack of expertise but lack of meaningful communication between
techs and academics. All CAUT's need to get as many people as possible
involved in this Symposium so that the start of good communications between
techs and academics can occur. See you in Chicago (you aint rid of me yet!)

Ken Sloane, former Director of Piano Technology, Oberlin Conservatory.

--On Monday, March 25, 2002 11:07 PM -0500 Donald McKechnie