change at the top. was Re: The Piano in Academia, A Symposium

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed Mar 27 09:32 MST 2002

In a message dated 3/27/02 9:32:44 AM Central Standard Time,
Kenneth.Sloane@oberlin.edu writes:

> I remember all too well
> the problems that have plaqued CAUT employees, so many of which were not
> related to lack of expertise but lack of meaningful communication between

What Ken says brings me to this question. I think I am very fortunate that
the chair of the music department at UA is also a piano professor and an
accomplished pianist. This has helped me get some funding for parts, and part
of the reason of my (up to now), very good relationship with all the faculty.

But I know this is'nt going to last. He will retire as chair soon, and
someone else, most likely not a piano professor, is going to take over. I
would like to know from some of you who have been in this for a long time,
what changes I can expect when a new chair comes on board, especially one who
does not regard piano maintenance to be a priority.

Wim