David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 30 17:49 MDT 2002

Hey Raymond,

Does your last name cause any concern with your customers?...;-]

David I.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Breakall, Raymond=20
  To: 'caut@ptg.org'=20
  Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 9:12 AM
  Subject: RE:=20

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Wimblees@aol.com [mailto:Wimblees@aol.com]
    Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 11:06 AM
    To: caut@ptg.org

    In a message dated 4/30/02 9:55:56 AM Central Daylight Time, =
rbreakal@richmond.edu writes:=20

      Dear list,=20

      Does anyone have personal experience with the Wapin bridge? Also, =
how about=20
      the Fazioli "Magnetic Balanced Action"? I have S & S D that I may =
want to=20
      make improvements on.=20

      Ray Breakall=20
      Piano Technician=20
      University of Richmond=20
      Richmond, VA=20
      (804)287-6342=20

    At last year's Central West Regional Seminar, Tim Coates put the =
Wapin bridge on in the "killer' octave, (the next to last section on the =
top), on my 7 Baldwin grand, which I had just got done rebuilding. The =
seminar also included Wally Brooks doing his voicing class on the same =
piano, on which I had put the Abel hammers.=20

    Wally's voicing improved the tone of the piano significantly. But =
after Tim got done with the installation, the difference in the tone in =
that section was astounding. Baldwins are known for their dead upper =
section. But this piano sings like a bird up there. The participant in =
the class were very impressed, as was I.=20

    I would highly recommend you have this procedure done.=20

    Wim=20
    U of Alabama
    [Breakall, Raymond]=20

    Wim,

    Thanks for the response. I think I would like to try it.

    Ray =20