workload simplified

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Thu May 2 15:35 MDT 2002

Hi Jeff,

Here in Sherbrooke, I unplug the humidifier in the summer. The humidity
level is always above 60% and the student in charge of watering the system
is on vacation. The pitch will go up a little anyways, but the tunings are
still stable and I don't have to do pitch raises in december and lowering in
august.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC

--
Subject: Re: workload simplified

Vince,
Just curious, but how much extra time is devoted to watering those
Dampp-Chaser systems and have you incorporated that into your time savings?
Ours here burn water year-round (I still don't understand why the
humidifier's using a bucket of water every two weeks in 70% humidity) so
servicing Dampp-Chasers is something to consider even during "breaks".  In
our situation, the Dampp-Chasers haven't changed the number of tunings I
do, just sort of kept the madness to a little less of an extreme.

Jeff