Rescaling programs

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat May 4 00:21 MDT 2002

I use a spread sheet and type in the formula.  Once typed in
and working correctly they can be pasted to work for each
string.
    Since each string has 5 or more paremeters a spread
sheet is handy for recording these and computing some of
them such as frequency, tension, length and diameter.
If you wanted to record other information such as hitch pin
distances, or duplex distances they can easily be added.

    I have not done a formal spread sheet because I figured
someone else had done it or it is so easy to do every one is
doing it.     But if there is a need for a spread sheet
template to do rescaling I would be glad to offer my go at
it.  Just indicate what you want to record and what you want
computed.  I have excel, quatro pro and MS Works.   It would
probably come out to 3 spread sheets, one for bass or wound
strings and the other for tenor and treble, and one that
combines both.    Its easier to construct them separately
for specialized considerations, and then combine them for
one big one.     With the programs that allow "pages" it
begs this way to begin with.      ---ric

ps   With the interest in work load  it might be advantagous
to construct a spread sheet of all the pianos and what was
done to each.