Statement? Northwestern Univ.

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu May 23 17:03 MDT 2002

In a message dated 5/23/02 8:27:18 AM Central Daylight Time,
k-eschete@northwestern.edu writes:

Ken

Thank you for sharing this with us. I have a couple of questions.

You said you are an hourly employee, working 40 hours a week. Most of the
time when employees are asked to work 40 hours a week, they work an 8 - 5
job. In most instances, when employees works "regular" hours, but then are
asked to work at other times, they are allowed to take time off during the
regular work week. And if they have to work on Sunday or a Holiday, they get
paid time and a half, or even double time. Is this your situation? Are you
allowed to take off during the week if you have to work evenings, or during
the weekend, or do they pay you additional money?

The other question I have is did you use the CAUT formula during your
interview to justify your job, or at least show them how much work is
involved in doing your job?

Thanks

Wim