cost per hour. was Re: Maintenance Costs

Richard West rwest1@unl.edu
Thu May 30 10:34 MDT 2002

Wim,

My guess is that most universities would use salary only as a basis to
figure an hourly rate, but I don't know that for sure.  There's also a
danger in doing calculations like this because having to figure hourly
rates seems to put our work in the clerical category rather than the
professional category which is always salaried.

One interesting factoid:  a person making a million dollars a year gets
paid $500/hour; someone making a billion gets $500,000/hour.

Richard West