Accu-just HPs in Steinway D :(

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu May 30 17:43 MDT 2002

Wim suggests:
>What effect would there be on downbrearing if you put the hitch pins in
>front
>of where the orginal pins were, but have the string go over a thin rod
>(about
>the thinckness of a center pin before it gets to the hitch pin?

Why all of this??  How about getting new string termination bars from the
factory and using the accujust pins like the originals?  I know that the
lateral string alignment won't be as nice as the factory original, but the
bearing shouldn't have to change if you seat the strings at the bottom of the
accu-just pins and let them ride over the top of the bearing bars.
   As far as the centripedal resonator that was installed, I think I would
leave it alone.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT