Ridenbaugh stairs damaged during piano move

Otto Keyes okeyes@uidaho.edu
Tue Sep 3 07:44 MDT 2002

Sorry Gang,

(That's an apology, not a commentary)  I forwarded the exchange on the =
damaged steps & it came back almost unreadable, so I'll send it our =
again in hopes it will be more coherent.

Otto
Piano Technician
University of Idaho
208-885-7918

We recently moved a bunch of old clunkers out of our practice rooms in =
the
oldest building on campus (Read:  No elevator), which meant sliding them
down 2 flights of ricketty, 100 yr. old stairs.  One nosing was broken =
in
the process, so I reported it to the music office, who passed it on to =
the
maintenance people.  Nothing seemed to be happening, so I inquired =
again, &
we got back the following reason from them.

I could not resist the temptation to step into the breach.  Thought you =
all
might enjoy this, since I'm sure you run across similar circumstances at
your institutions of higher learning.  Just a little "labor day" reading =
for
the bureaucratically challenged piano tech.

Otto Keyes