speaking of front rail bushings

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu Sep 5 08:57 MDT 2002

At 10:19 9/5/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>My predecessor put new keytops on a S&S M. The problem is, he put on very
>thick keytops, but didn't rout down the keys. As a result, in order to get
>the sharps 1/2" above the whites, and then get 3/8" keydip on them, I have
>to put so many punching under the sharps, that the white keys are hitting
>those punchiness before they bottom out. This results in the white keys
>are only getting about 5/16", or less, key dip. This is happening mostly
>in the bass.
>
>Other than replacing the keytops, does anyone have a solution to the problem.
>
>Wim

my 2¢
Trim the sides of the sharp wool punchings so naturals miss them???  Oval
pins should keep wool punchings (now oval/truncated)  from spinning.  The
naturals wouldn't have to go down as far as the paper punchings, would they?

Conrad Hoffsommer PTG RPT, MPT, CCT

Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Tone Generation Systems