speaking of front rail bushings

Lonnie Young Lonnie.Young@usm.edu
Thu Sep 5 15:38 MDT 2002

A title of a book that I once had said, “If you don’t have time to do it
right.  When will you do it over”?

Unfortunately, in many poorly performed jobs the person created the mess is
not around to clean it up.

Lonnie Young

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-caut@ptg.org [mailto:owner-caut@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Wimblees@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 9:19 AM
To: Pianotech@ptg.org; caut@ptg.org
Subject: speaking of front rail bushings

My predecessor put new keytops on a S&S M. The problem is, he put on very
thick keytops, but didn't rout down the keys. As a result, in order to get
the sharps 1/2" above the whites, and then get 3/8" keydip on them, I have
to put so many punching under the sharps, that the white keys are hitting
those punchiness before they bottom out. This results in the white keys are
only getting about 5/16", or less, key dip. This is happening mostly in the
bass.

Other than replacing the keytops, does anyone have a solution to the
problem.

Wim