touchweight

Breakall, Raymond rbreakal@richmond.edu
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 15:22:57 -0400

Dear list,

I have a faculty member here who is very sensitive to unevenness in the
keys. The piano is an S&S D that is six years old. After I make sure all
friction is gone, keys are eased, etc., do I really want to start removing
leads? This piano should have been right at the factory and I really don't
know if I should be messing with it like that. I know that Stanwood's system
is probably a long term answer but this person has a recital next week. Any
suggestions?

Ray

Ray Breakall
Piano Technician