touchweight

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:39:42 EDT

In a message dated 9/17/02 2:24:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
rbreakal@richmond.edu writes:

> Dear list,
>
> I have a faculty member here who is very sensitive to unevenness in the
> keys. The piano is an S&S D that is six years old. After I make sure all
> friction is gone, keys are eased, etc., do I really want to start removing
> leads? This piano should have been right at the factory and I really don't
> know if I should be messing with it like that. I know that Stanwood's system
> is probably a long term answer but this person has a recital next week. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Ray
>

> Ray Breakall
> Piano Technician
> University of Richmond

Have you checked the touch weight of each one of the keys? Perhaps you should
take the touchweight of the keys, and see if there is that much difference.
Are there indeed variations? Or is the problem more between the ears than in
his fingers?

Wim
U of Alabama