touchweight

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 02:47:33 +0200

Hello,

too many components are in the way, from the pianist point of view,
for you to be sure it is only a too much /too little lead problem.
Ask him to show you where he feels unevenness, check the dampers
start, then with your gram set check the remaining friction, the
pinning , notice how much UW do you have.

I believe that pianists that play from below are more sensitive to UW
than to DW (?)

the tone of the hammers, the regulation, and of course the weight. If
a note is too light you can have a little lead off without putting all
the lead down, by using a  drill.

There is now a very handy device that allow to shape the sides and
tails of hammers when hang on the action. You could lighten a bit some
tails may be.

Most often I will believe in regulation or voicing and pinning
differences for these matter.

Regards.

Isaac OLEG