'D' buzz

Mike Hoffman mthoffman@chartermi.net
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 21:05:10 -0500

I'll second the second.  Check for a caster rattling while on the truck. =
 It took me two or three years to find it (it was intermittent) and not =
coming from where I thought I heard the sound.  Sounded like a paper =
clip on the soundboard!

Good Luck,

Mike Hoffman, RPT
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com=20
  To: caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 7:06 PM
  Subject: Re: 'D' buzz

  In a message dated 2/6/2003 7:39:25 AM Pacific Standard Time, =

    Subj: Re: 'D' buzz=20
    Date: 2/6/2003 7:39:25 AM Pacific Standard Time
    From: atodd@UH.EDU
    To: caut@ptg.org
    Sent from the Internet=20

    Avery

     What about loose A soundboard button, a loose washer roun the bell =
bolt, geez I dunno but it sounds frustrasting.  Sorry
       Dale Erwin

    Fred,

    Thanks, but unfortunately it isn't on one. :-)

    Avery

    >   I'll just second the suggestion of looking at the spider truck, =
if
    >it's on one. I have found buzzes emanating from a few places on =
trucks -
    >very troublesome, hard to find (spacially they often seemed to be =
from the
    >soundboard), and intermittent. Move the piano and it's gone =
(often).
    >Fred Sturm
    >University of New Mexico
    >
    >Avery Todd wrote:
    >
    >> Susan,
    >>
    >> With the help of someone holding the lid up for me, I've checked
    >> and/or tightened every screw I could get a screwdriver into. :-)
    >> Underneath the
    >> piano, too. The lids were lifted off with three people doing it, =
one on
    >> each "corner", so it's doubtful there was any appreciable strain. =
I've