after ring revisited

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:39:39 EST

Epilogue to the post

I talked with the chairman of our department, a concert pianist, about the
problem. First of all, he agrees with me that the piano is supposed to be
that way. It's part of the characteristic of the S&S D. Second, the
accompanist is not very good, and is, in fact, an organist.He wasn't used to
hearing a note continue to sound after letting go of it. And third, the chair
said, in the future, just act dumb. Tell whomever that this is the best the
piano will do, and let it go at that.

On a side note. The accompanist reheared on the piano both Saturday and
Sunday.  I asked him why he waited until half an hour before the concert to
complain. He said he didn't "notice" the problem before. (As if that's a
problem that just sort of happens at the last minute.)

The lesson learned, I guess, is that some pianist, really aren't. And they're
the hardest ones to please. (But I guess most of you already knew that.)

Wim